Entry Requirements and Weighting
|Prerequisites:||BN301 Industry Based Project 1|
|Credit Points:||15 Credit Points|
|Level:||Year 3, Core|
|Workload:||Timetabled hours/week: 4 (Lecture + Lab = 4 hours)|
|Personal Study Hours/week: 5 hours|
This is a sixth trimester core unit out of a total of 24 units in the Bachelor of Networking (BNet) and Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Telecommunications) BEngTech(Tel). This unit addresses the BNet and BEngTech(Tel) course learning outcomes and complements other courses in a related field by developing students’ knowledge and skills in networks. For further course information refer to: http://www.mit.edu.au/study-with-us/programs/bachelor-networking and http://www.mit.edu.au/study-with-us/programs/bachelor-engineering-technology-telecommunications
This unit provides students with an in depth discussion of the BN301 Project 1 concepts, methods and principles of core units of MEng(Tel) and provides students with a capstone final year project in network system specification, development, implementation, testing and troubleshooting. Students apply their skills of project management in a real situation. Students apply what they have learned throughout their course to an application for an actual client in a team environment.
- Reflective journal
- Develop spreadsheet of personal industry exposure
- Detailed design. Test plan.
- Identify and solve risk management issues.
- Implementation, testing, troubleshooting.
- Documentation, presentation.
- Final project demonstration.
At the completion of this unit students should be able to:
- Develop and maintain reflective journal.
- Work with clients on a real IT/Networking applications and elicit comprehensive requirements
- Produce a detailed design and implementation plan for a business case
- Effectively use project management techniques, develop prototypes and documentation
- Work and show leadership in a team
- Investigate, analyse, test and evaluate a business processes
- Analyse and compare results of a project implementation to other businesses
- Produce project documentation for a project of small to medium size business environment
|Ability to communicate||Independent and Lifelong Learning||Ethics||Analytical and Problem Solving||Cultural and Global Awareness||Team work||Specialist knowledge of a field of study|
|The standard is covered by theory and practice, and addressed by assessed activities in which the students always play an active role, e.g. workshops, lab submissions, assignments, demonstrations, tests, examinations|
|The standard is covered by theory or practice, and addressed by assessed activities in which the students mostly play an active role, e.g. discussions, reading, intepreting documents, tests, examinations|
|The standard is discussed in theory or practice; it is addressed by assessed activities in which the students may play an active role, e.g. lectures and discussions, reading, interpretation, workshops, presentations|
|The standard is presented as a side issue in theory or practice; it is not specifically assessed, but it is addressed by activities such as lectures or tutorials|
|The standard is not considered, there is no theory or practice or activities associated with this standard|